Mold exposure can be very dangerous for pets especially since they are smaller than people. Pets usually show signs of mold exposure first. And sometimes there are few symptoms or none at all until it is too late. Symptoms vary for the type of pet and type of mold exposure. Some mold is toxic but there is no good mold. All mold is bad. For pets some common symptoms of mold exposure include lethargy, coughing and sneezing a lot, scratching, heavy breathing, not eating, nose and eye discharge, skin issues, seizures, depression, anxiety, bleeding of the lungs, scales on skin, licking themselves a lot, nosebleeds… Many times their symptoms are just like those for people. How can you protect your pet? The same way you can protect yourself and your family…test for mold.
I test my home for mold periodically especially when me or my pets show some signs of symptoms. The earlier you do the better. Below is a mold test kit that I see included the analysis which justifies the cost. It also includes 3 mold tests so seem quite cost effective:
Below are some other mold test kits to consider. Please note not all mold tests are the same…the quality and what they test for varies. And generally to have the sample analyzed there is a fee like $40 or higher. But no matter what if the test results indicate mold that is best to know but obviously knowing what mold one is dealing is even better!:
Protect Your Pets and You From Harmful Mold!
Below is the info you need to know about harmful mold and no mold is safe for you or your pets. This info covers the dangers and what you can do. The first thing you need to do is test your home as all mold is bad for pets. If the test comes back positive there’s a lot of safe options for mold removal:
Also please click here for air purifiers on that page that have great reviews for removing mold and bacteria.
Toxic Black Mold is certainly harmful to people. But black mold can harm or kill your beloved pet. Below are some links with information about Black Mold Pet Symptoms and black mold poisoning in dogs, treatment and more:
- Beware: Toxic Mold and Pets
- Is Your House Making Your Dog Sick? Some houses can kill your dog!
- What Are Symptoms of Black Mold in Dogs?
- Protect Your Pets – They Are Not Mold Proof – Albuquerque …
- Pets and Mold
- Mold Allergy Symptoms in Dogs
- New Findings Show Toxic Mold May Affect Dogs
- Aspergillosis in Dogs
- Mold Allergies in Dogs
- Tremorgenic Mycotoxin Toxicity: The Moldy Shakes
Seizures can be caused by many things but black mold is one of them:
and here a YouTube video about black mold in general:
National Mold Resource Center
Activated Charcoal For Mold Poisoning in Dogs
Activated Charcoal has been used to treat mold poisoning in humans. It’s a nontoxic remedy that’s been around forever that absorbs viruses, toxins as well as heavy metals from the body. Here’s some links about using it to treat the same in dogs: